Bonus/Award ticket and Consciour traveller

Poster i 'BONUSBILLET & REJSEHJÆLP' oprettet af Kris, 26/7/24.

1. Kris

Kris Medlem

Beskeder:
    "Synes godt om" modtaget:
    Point:
    Hello,

I bought an award ticket for my gf in biz to PVG through my profile as I have fly premium lvl 4. She is the only person on the booking/travelling. Both, me and her, see the booking in our individual web and app profile and can make changes to it. So she benefits from my *G with a free seat selection for example which even I can change for her through my profile.

QUESTION: If I buy biofuel, would this count as a step for both of us since it seems both our EB numbers are on the booking?

On a side note if anyone needs an award trip favour to book a business ticket on the point price of a go ticket, let me know and I will help if possible.

Beaglen "Synes godt om" dette.
  2. Henry

Henry VIP medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    Points are only awareded to the person who makes the travel. So you will not get any steps - as far as I know.

Beaglen og Kris "Synes godt om" dette.
  3. Henry

Henry VIP medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    That is very nice of you. Just be aware, that you might have the problems, if the ticket has to be changed (if travel plans change). I do not now, if there are any problems with travel insurrance, if the person has to cancel and request payment from the insurrance company.

If the trip is done according to the original ticket, I do not see any problems.

4. Kris

Kris Medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    Thanks - what problems could there be?

Henry "Synes godt om" dette.
  5. Kris

Kris Medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    I have bough some biofuel so I will report dutyfully once the flight is completed.

6. Henry

Henry VIP medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    First of all: It might violate the rules of EuroBonus, if you "sell" such reward tickes using your personal account. And you risk, that EuroBonus will close your account.

We also know, that it is difficult to find award tickets on Business Class. They are often purchased by other EB-members very fast. So you has to be sure, that you have a fast communication with the person, you are trying to help getting the ticket.

The ticket is bought from your account using your points. So all changes has to be made by you via your account. In other words: You has to "act" as staff in a travel agency if your "client" want to change the ticket.
    • You probably has to be involved in all changes of the ticket. And need a close communication with the traveller on changes.
    • If the ticket has to be refunded and a new ticket has to be purchased, then points will be returned to your account (unless they expire. Then the points are lost).
    • You have to pay a fee, if the ticket is cancelled and points has to be returned to your account (will this be covered by the traveller)? You have to make some clear agreements on payments and be sure, that the other person will pay.
    • There are some limits on how many points you can receive from others - and how many points you can transfer to others. And there is a fee on such transfers.
    • You will probably be responsible for all mistakes made (misspelling of name / wrong traveling dates etc.)
    I guess that in 95 - 98% of the cases, you will not have any problems.

Just to say: There is a big difference in making a ticket for your girlfriend or your brother, sitting next to you, when you order the ticket. And then order a ticket for some "stragner", who you only communicate with over e-mail.

Beaglen, CHIP og Kris "Synes godt om dette"
  7. Kris

Kris Medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    Fair points! I suppose I should not play the good samaritan in this case :)

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

8. Henry

Henry VIP medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    I would only do it for people, I know so well, that I will invite them to my Point Sharing Group.

Del denne side