Brug ikke den taske du bruger i svømmehallen som rejsetaske!

Poster i 'INSIDEFLYER DK - LOUNGE' oprettet af Henrik Olsen, 6/5/18.

1. Henrik Olsen

Henrik Olsen co-founder Redaktør

Beskeder:
    "Synes godt om" modtaget:
    Point:
    En lidt "komisk" historie fra vores UK side - "komisk" fordi man ikke lige havde tænkt denne tanke før man tog afsted...

https://insideflyer.co.uk/2018/05/dont-take-your-swimming-bag-when-flying/

The Place: Terminal 2, Manchester Airport

The Time: 08.30 hours

The Flight: Singapore Airlines, Business Class to Houston, 10.40 hours

Flying Singapore Airlines Business Class has long been a little travel dream of mine, so it was with a metaphorical spring in my step (I have a bad back and am somewhat lacking in actual springiness these days!), that I strode towards Fast Track security, hand-in-hand with my wife. The sun was shining, the birds were (probably) singing, the people at security were smiling…

In retrospect, smiling security officers really should have been more than sufficient warning that today was too good to be true and that something was about to go wrong. Having already checked in our suitcases, I was only carrying a small rucksack (just containing medication and a book), which I placed in the x-ray machine. After passing through the body scanner, I couldn’t spot my bag on the other side for a few moments, until I noticed it was being held hostage by three security guards, waving electronic wands and taking swab samples. They were no longer smiling.

Not to worry, I thought. Presumably just a random check and we still had 90 mins until take off. I enquired if there was a problem and was told it should all be sorted in a few minutes.

Hvad tænker du over den historie?

More than a few minutes passed.

“Just got to do one more check and then print out the findings”

“Oh, uh, why? ” I asked innocently.

“Well it’s now a Level 2 check because of the traces of banned substance found on your bag and you will have to be searched and answer a questionnaire”

What?! Banned substance?!!! Oh dear. I realised that our planned breakfast in the Lounge might be sadly curtailed to half a slice of toast, if that.

After an extremely thorough search of my TOES, heels and inside my trouser waist, I said in passing that I usually only used the bag for swimming.

“Ah, that’ll be it then – it’s quite a common security problem” (really?). “You’ll be on your way in a jiffy”, the (now smiling once again) senior officer said. “Just got to get another printer as this one doesn’t seem to be working and wait for final clearance from the Manager of Airport Security”

Predictably, it turned out that “a jiffy” was a rather optimistic timeframe. Even the half slice of toast in the Lounge was a distant hope by this point. So much for Fast-Track.

For a bit of extra spice, I’d also been selected for an (random, non-bag-related) enhanced security check before boarding too, which involved standing in isolation for 30 minutes at the bottom of some particularly ugly concrete steps, before another search and some more questions. I was eventually instructed to board – separately from my wife though, which wasn’t quite how I’d envisioned things.

I am, however, pleased to report that two glasses of chilled Champagne later, I felt restored enough to peruse the menu and film options! Phew!

P.S. I vowed to ditch the bag before our onward flight from Houston, not wishing to attract similar attention in the US, where security might not be quite so understanding!

Hvad tænker du over den historie?

obs, MaleneChristensen og Henry "Synes godt om dette"
  2. jakobv84

jakobv84 Popcorn VIP medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    At jeg bruger den samme taske og har gjort det i et par år uden det mindste problem... :eek:

Henry "Synes godt om" dette.
  3. Grisefod

Grisefod VIP medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    Bruger også den samme taske. Nu er det dog et par år siden jeg var i svømmehallen sidst... :cool:

4. jakobv84

jakobv84 Popcorn VIP medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    Jeg er vel 1-2 gange om ugen...

5. Kenneth K

Kenneth K SAS Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Lufthansa Senator

Beskeder:
    Point:
    Problemet har vel været spor af chlor som er en af bestandelene til kemiske våben.

6. PeterA

PeterA VIP medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    Har et par gange udløst deres sniffer-alarm. Det er ikke unormalt, hvis man har brugt fugtighedscreme, der jo indeholder alle mulige spændende stoffer, der kan være på deres liste.

7. SophieHendriksen

SophieHendriksen #Forstadsfruen

Beskeder:
    Point:
    Ha, det som @jakobv84 siger! Her bruger vi da også lystigt en taske som carry on der ofte er med i svømmehallen.

Del denne side