Refusal to offer compensation delayed luggage

Poster i 'BONUSBILLET & REJSEHJÆLP' oprettet af Catalin, 11/1/16.

1. Catalin

Catalin Nyt medlem

Beskeder:
    "Synes godt om" modtaget:
    Point:
    Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I need some expert advice.

I have traveled from Copenhagen around Christmas, buying a ticket from Expedia, with a layover in Amsterdam. The first leg was operated by SAS, the second by TAROM.
    My luggage was delayed for my entire holiday, and I had to pick-it up the day I was flying back. So an entire Christmas holiday without luggage, in winter, having to do a decent shopping as even my winter jacket wasin that luggage. The 2 companies are denying any responsibility and any compensation, saying that I should have pick-up my luggage in Amsterdam and check it in again.

But this thing did not appear on my ticket, nor it was communicated at the check-in counter in Copenhagen (my departure point).

And since it was one ticket (one reservation, one booking number), I would assume that there is some kind of agreement between the 2 companies.

Does anyone have any input/recommendation? Any similar stories?

Thanks in advance!

2. tbh

tbh VIP medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    From what I understood from our law-expert @Beaglen , it might be the OTA (expedia) that's responsible, I'm sure she'll pop by with usefull input and correct me if I'm wrong.

You don't have any travel insurance that could help you out?

Out of curiousity, how did you end up on the Danish forum? You're more than welcome of course, I'm just curious! I hope you get your desired clarification!

clager "Synes godt om" dette.
  3. CHA211

CHA211 VIP medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    I have never flown TAROM, so I have no idea weather they interline bags with SAS or not, however I have 1 question:
    Which destination was on the bag receipt that I assume you received when you checked in the bag?

4. Catalin

Catalin Nyt medlem

Beskeder:
    Point:
    Many thanks for the reply. And looking forward to hearing the opinion from the law expert. Unfortunately I didn't buy a extra insurance for the trip, that would cover the luggage as well.

My main support in making a claim is a paper that I got from the machines by the transfer desk in Amsterdam, that show my full journey under one e-ticket number, and it also says that I should report to the transfer desk because of inconsistent baggage information. Even though I went to the transfer desk and got the second boarding pass and the personnel did see the luggage tags and looked like she is putting them in the system. But no airline want to take responsibility for the fact that my luggage didn't arrive during my holiday time.

I got on the Danish forum as I live in DK, with limited Danish language competencies though, so it's more easy to just write in English and read the replies in English as well. I do hope no one will be disturbed by me message in English.

As I travel a lot, this seems to be quite the place to get the right information about aspect related to flights and trips in general. So I'm quite grateful for the information here and for the community support.

Henrik Olsen "Synes godt om" dette.

Del denne side