Denne side kan indeholde links til partnere, som betaler os kommission for salg.
Efter at SAS kom med en mindre bombe for mange EuroBonus medlemmer, så har der været snakket, debatteret og gættet meget på hvad det vil komme til at betyde at Air France – KLM bliver medejere af SAS og at SAS vil skifte fra Star Alliance og til SkyTeam. Derfor kom SAS med en længere Q&A som skulle svare på nogle af spørgsmålene.
Vi har valgt at bringe den i sin helhed for at give den nemmeste mulighed for at få et overblik og uden at vi har fortolket noget af det som SAS har skrevet. Den er også “gemt” lidt væk på SAS hjemmesiden, så her kan den nemmere findes.
Især svar omkring, hvad der sker med point og Life TIme Gold status har været meget oppe at vende. SAS forsøger at give et svar herunder.
Vores vurdering er at dette vil være godt for status quo de næste 1-2 år. Men vi er ret overbeviste om at det ikke holder i længden. Vi har en klar overbevisning om at EuroBonus over tid vil blive en del af Flying Blue programmet. Enten opslugt eller som Finnair Plus, som skifter til Avios setup.
Læs Q&A’en og dan dig dit eget indtryk.
EuroBonus Q&A – SAS to eventually leave Star Alliance and join
On October 3rd 2023, SAS announced the intention to eventually join SkyTeam and leave Star Alliance. For now the EuroBonus program remains unchanged. We will keep you informed about what to expect over the coming months and will provide updates continuously
on the EuroBonus website.
- What will happen to EuroBonus?
- No changes are being made to the program and EuroBonus will remain SAS’s loyalty program. As a member, you will continue to earn and use points on SAS as today. Your status and benefits as a EuroBonus member when you fly with SAS will not be impacted.
- Delivering an attractive loyalty program to SAS’s loyal customers will remain the top priority for us and our new owners, even after SAS changes ownership and alliance.
- SAS intends to eventually leave Star Alliance and join SkyTeam, and
adjustments to the program will be made accordingly. As long as SAS is a member of Star Alliance, EuroBonus members can continue to enjoy the same benefits as they do today when flying on a Star Alliance partner airline.
- What will happen to my EuroBonus points?
- No changes are made to your EuroBonus points. You will keep all points earned until now and will continue to earn and use points just like today.
- What will happen to my EuroBonus tier status?
- No changes are made to your EuroBonus tier status. You will retain your status and your progress made during your qualification period. Requirements to reach each tier level and benefits included in each tier remain the same.
- What will happen to my EuroBonus Lifetime Gold status?
- No changes are made to the EuroBonus Lifetime Gold program. EuroBonus Lifetime Gold memberships will be honored even after SAS joins SkyTeam, and all progress made towards Lifetime Gold will be kept.
- Do I keep my status benefits when I travel on another Star Alliance partner airline?
- While SAS remains part of Star Alliance, you will enjoy the same status benefits as you do today when you fly with a Star Alliance partner
- When SAS eventually joins SkyTeam, you will also be able to enjoy similar status benefits across the extensive SkyTeam network.
- Can I still earn points when I fly on another Star Alliance carrier?
- While SAS remains part of Star Alliance, you will be able to earn EuroBonus Basic points when flying on a Star Alliance airline partner flights
- What will happen to my existing Star Alliance award bookings?
- Existing bookings remain unchanged and will be honored even if you fly after SAS eventually leaves Star Alliance
- Can I still use my points to redeem on other Star Alliance carriers?
- While SAS remains part of Star Alliance, we will allow you to use EuroBonus points to book Star Alliance award trips
- Can I still earn points on credits cards and other non-airline partners?
- Can I still use my EuroBonus points on non-airline partners such as rental cars or hotels?
- What about other Star Alliance partner members flying on SAS?
- While SAS remains part of Star Alliance, members of other Star Alliance member programs will keep their status benefits while flying on SAS, and will be able to spend their miles/points on SAS flights